Sunday, August 31, 2008

ASU Game


I got two tickets to the ASU game this Saturday and asked Penni if she wanted to go. I prepared her by saying that the tickets were in the upper deck and it was going to be hot !!!!!!!! The last couple of times that I have taken Penni to games we have sat in the louge seats - which are in the middle of the stadium where most stadiums have suites. In the louge seats you also get free food and soda. I remember that my friend's Dad had season tickets when I was in high school we loved going to get the free food. Anyway I digress - the people that sit in those seats are older professional people. Compare that to the people that sit in the upper deck - they are the ones that has helped ASU get ranked the #1 party school.

So I really expected Penni to pass and I would go with someone else. But when I expect that she will do one thing she does the exact opposite. So we went to the game - I asked her where she wanted to go eat and she picked PF Chang's. After dinner we walked over to the game and hiked up to our seats. It was hot and we watched as other people struggle to make it up to the upper desk. Now let me set the stage. The upper desk are cheaper tickets - but there are always one or two groups of the other teams fans that come and seat by me and they are always loud, drunk and obnoxious. The last time I went to a game the guy sitting next to me got tossed for fighting. So you have a little understanding. But I notice that there are no non-ASU fans around us but we did have our token drunk ASU fan. I have never seen someone do the bump and grind to the ASU fight song - until last night. His favorite move was the pelvic thrust. He also liked to show everyone his middle finger, but we were all ASU fans - so I didn't understand that one. He provided lot of entertainment, Penni told he "he can't keep it up the whole game?" oh yes he can. Then came the quote from Penni for the ages - "oh the poor girl that he is going to hook up with tonight" - what??? Where did that come from??? Then about half way thru the first quarter a group of 10 NAU fans start walking up the isle. I told Penni that "funny drunk guy" will not last until the middle of the 2nd quarter, as the group keeps walking up the isle. Guess were their seats are - yes right in front of the "funny drunk guy" - he welcomes them with the middle finger and his favorite dance move tot he back of their heads. By this time ASU was ahead by 17-0. Just then NAU make a first down and one of the guys in the group jumps up and starts pointing - not real smart when you are down by 17 point. But I will give credit to "Funny Drunk Guy" he lasted the whole game - and was kind to the NAU fans. It also helped that he was trying to pick up every girl in our section.

We made it home safe and had a great time. Until next game.

No comments: