Friday, August 22, 2008

Why I would never make it today in Jr. High??


I got an email on Friday from Nichole's school. The email lets you click on a link and it takes you to all of Nichole's teachers grade books. So by Friday afternoon I know Nichole's grades for the first three weeks of school. I find it interesting that the email comes Friday afternoon. So if I had a child that was not doing well in school - well their weekend just took a turn for the worst.


Penni gives me that look of disgust every time I talk about my attitude during my school days, luckily I am sitting here and Penni is nowhere in sight so here I go. My goal was to get thru school by 1) never doing homework 2) do as little as possible. With the current system - it wouldn't have been pretty at the Pickett household. But luckily I grew up in a time when this type of information was only given twice a year in the form of a report card - which meant I just had to intercept the mail and change my "D's" to a "B's". Wait a minute, who am I kidding, my resolve was so strong that I wouldn't have let the internet get in my way of supreme underachievement. I would have come up with a plan to combat this current environment. I won't let out my secrets now because I am the parent and I don't want them to learn my tricks.

No comments: