
Instead of Knights at the round table how about 10 teenage girls at the round table.

Playing some games - lots of talking
That says it all - Happy Birthday!!!
I know what you are probably saying - isn't Nichole's b-day in July. And you would be correct but all of her friends were on
vacation in July so we waited to do a party until everyone was home and schools started. Saturday night we had her first teenage party. I was in charge of the pizza - so I did some quick math - 10 girls times 3 large pizzas = 2.4 big slices per girl - should be plenty. Then Penni pulls out a big salad and a big bowl of fruit as I going to get the pizza and I think that I have ordered too much pizza. I mean we are talking 10 young girls here not 10 grown men. So I get the pizza and then hurry back to get Kristine and Zoe so that Nichole's party won't be ruined because her little sisters are in attendance. Actually after being back at the house for less than a minute I was glad I was getting out of there because of all the teenage chatter. But Kristine was having a real hard time understanding why she couldn't say and be part of the party. So we take off and I go to get Kristine's, Zoe's and myself a pizza on our way to my parents house to watch the Olympics and eat pizza. I get our pizza and start heading to my parent and I get a call from Penni. "I am out of pizza, no one touched any of my salad or fruit." I told her that I planned on 10 young women not 10 scouts. So I head back to the pizza place for the third time, this time the manager waits on me because he thinks that I am his new best customer. I order three more medium pizzas with the deal that he gaves me and I have them delivered so that I can see the swimming finals - I have my priorities. I call Penni back and say help is on the way - Carlos is coming with more pizza. I told her that I have some raw meat in the fridge to hold them off until he gets there.
I ask Penni how the party is going - besides the lack of pizza. She said that she is
upstairs because all the talking is too much to handle. Everyone is talking over each other - four girls are always talking at once. Penni had planned some games but when she goes to Nichole to ask her is she ready to play the games Nichole keeps saying "just a minute - mom" so Penni told her to come get her when they are ready. Then I tell Penni to save us three pieces of Nichole's favorite ice cream pie, her response is "yeah right". In the end Nichole was very happy with the party and it was a good night for her - and that is all that matters so it was a success. Next time we will know to order tons of pizza, lots of soda and then top the evening off with
gallons of ice cream and chocolate sauce - then get out of the way.
1 comment:
I love it! I'm definitely with you there on watching the olympics! I had to laugh at the raw meat joke--pretty funny; I can see the party so clearly. Sounds like it was a success! Happy Birthday Nichole.
Post a Comment