Monday, September 8, 2008

ASU - second game

I scored tickets to the ASU game this weekend - again. I knew this time that Penni would not want to go - too hot!!!! So my next option is the girls - Nichole was up in the order so I asked her if she wanted to go and she gladly excepted my invitation. Then we got a call from a family in the ward to babysit - one of her favorite families - so I thought that my date was in jeopardy. But she declined the job and even said that she was looking forward to the game and going with her Dad.


I had different tickets this time - better seats (upper desk but on the 50 yard line). We got to the game and were walking to the stadium. There was a group of girls in front of us as we are walking. One of the girls walked by a tree and grabs one of the branches from the tree, holds on to it and then lets go. It hits Nichole in the face. I was torn - is it worth making a big scene - in my last post I mentioned the guy next to me got into a fight. Well his teenage son was with him and he watched as his dad got tossed from the game. I was embarrassed for the father, thus my hesitation. I decided in stead to make it up to Nichole with a frozen lemonade and I rationalized it by telling myself that there was no mark left or blood, that would have made it a different story. I have my limit - so I told Nichole that the girl was an idiot and clueless. She agreed.


Well I am happy to the report that was the low point of the night - everything else was up from there. The tickets were great we sat around families and old people - no "funny drunk guys with pelvic thrusts". Nichole had fun picking out all the girls that were inappropriately dressed. As they were doing the introductions and I knew that we were going to see some fireworks. Nichole is scared of fireworks - not as bad a she was as a little girl but still scared. I pointed our two guys on the field and the fireworks launchers to prepare her. She did good, she still jumped every time they went off - which was a lot because ASU scored quite a few times.

We left the game a little early to beat the traffic. I was a great night to spend with my pre-teen.

No comments: