Monday, September 29, 2008

Two dates in one day - not since college

I have been feeling guilty - too much time in front of the TV and not enough time in front of the three greatest daughters that a guy could ask for. In my attempt to remedy that I have been to re-institute daddy daughter dates. So on Friday it was Zoe time. Then Friday morning Penni called to let me know that she hadn't been taken out - but before she got the words out I asked her for a lunch date. So I get credit for that one honey.





So for lunch Penni and I hit California Pizza Kitchen and had some good pizza and salad.





Then when I got home I expected Zoe all ready to go but I had to stand down stairs and wait for her to get an outfit on with a stain and some shoes on. As much as possible I love to let them do whenever they want to do. Where we are going to eat is always a big decision - when I first asked Zoe she said that she was to go to Texas Roadhouse. We later settled on Rubio's because of the time factor. So we go to Rubio's and she gets her normal chicken and cheese taco. She says that she wants to sit outside - are you sure cause it is still hot - nope she wants to sit outside. Then after dinner we head over to Wal-Mart to get her some new shoelaces that fit. Then for the main attraction of the evening. Zoe has been bugging me to go play basketball. I have been holding off because I can't find a hoop short enough for her - but I took her with Kristine and I the other night and she was able to do fine. So we went to the park and played basketball.





Now let me get to what we talked about - where should I start??? She talked a lot about boys - Nichole and Kristine have not been that interested in boys so Penni and I have been lucky so far. Zoe is not going to let us off the hook. She was talking about cute boys - and I had to ask what is a cute boy? You know when the boy get his long hair wet and then shakes it head like this. What??? Are you kidding me?? Where in the world have we been look at boys with wet hair shaking their heads. We are in trouble.

No comments: