Saturday, October 31, 2009

Quote of the week

Quote of the week – Halloween Day – I was home with the girls while Penni worked.

Here is my honey do list –

Make sure the girls do their Saturday jobs
Get drinks for a dinner party– wanted to make root beer but Penni told me to keep it simple.
Get and carve a pumpkin for Zoe – on October 31st
Frost cookies for the dinner party
Re chalk shower
I want a clean house when I get home!!

So let me start by saying that my day went by really quick – Zoe started her jobs but couldn't’t do the second job on her list because we were out of cleaning supplies – so to an 8 year old this means that she can’t do any of her jobs. Rode the other two to get their jobs done and took Nichole to practice golf. I got A&W root beer on one of my four trips to the grocery store that day. Got the last pumpkin at the store, found a face to carve on the Internet that Zoe was happy with and spent an hour or so carving with Zoe’s help. Had Kristine frost the cookies but when making the frosting she put in a tablespoon of almond extract instead of a teaspoon – used all the almond extract. Then came to me saying that she needed more extract to make more frosting to do the other cookies. This led to two of trips to the store, one of almond extract and one for already frosted sugar cookies to take to the party. Didn’t get to the chalking of the shower but the house was clean. Plus all three girls were changing their minds for costumes for the night – helped all three come up with new costumes. Penni got home at 4ish and was not real happy with my progress – she expected the lawn to be mowed and brushes trimmed. I told her that it was not on the list.

Hang on the quote is coming – we were to be at the dinner party at 5. I jumped in the shower at 4:50, got dressed and ran out to the van where everyone was waiting for me - except for Nichole (that's a whole other post) to see Penni get out of the van and say in frustration – “Do I have to do everything?”

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Hey, it was a mistake!!!!!!!
tsp and tbsp look the same........