I have talked alot about our family playing golf. At our local golf course they have a clinic for $5 a person on Saturday mornings. It is a great deal - there are usually 10-15 kids and three pros. This past week we had 5 pros. They talk to the kids about the rules for a minute and then show them how to properly grip the club and then for 50 minutes they hit balls while the pros go around and help instruct the kids. The first week Nichole (read a past post) had a hard time. This week she is hitting the ball on every swing, she has developed a little hook but Dale, the pro in the picture, fixed that this week. She hit a couple balls nice and straight - she told me that she loves the feeling of hitting a great shot. Kristine is doing great too - she picked it up from the start. Zoe had a friend at the class and she was really impressed with Josh the young pro that likes to tee golf ball with a match and it makes a fire cracker sound when he hits it. Oh and they get Otter Pops at the end of class.
For years the girls have had Saturday jobs. Your know - clean your room, clean your bathroom, clean up the loft where you play, vacuum and then one or two jobs to help the household. Not too much to ask - right - in return you get free room and board - you get to watch cable TV, play on the computer and a host of other things that are fun. But for years it had been a battle - it could take our girls six hours to do their jobs, we have one that does them so fast they miss things and have to re-do and we have another one that is as slow as a turtle. I got to where I hated Saturdays and I dare not plan anything because it may take us until six o'clock at night and we will still be working on our jobs - don't laugh it happened once.
But that has changed - I simply tell the girls that if you want to go to the golf clinic on Saturday morning that Saturday jobs needed to be done. I came home Friday to a fever pitch of activity - everyone was working to get their jobs done - even Zoe. It was fantastic - this was not the first week that it has happened. So the girls got all their jobs done and we all went golfing at 8:30 on Saturday.
For years the girls have had Saturday jobs. Your know - clean your room, clean your bathroom, clean up the loft where you play, vacuum and then one or two jobs to help the household. Not too much to ask - right - in return you get free room and board - you get to watch cable TV, play on the computer and a host of other things that are fun. But for years it had been a battle - it could take our girls six hours to do their jobs, we have one that does them so fast they miss things and have to re-do and we have another one that is as slow as a turtle. I got to where I hated Saturdays and I dare not plan anything because it may take us until six o'clock at night and we will still be working on our jobs - don't laugh it happened once.
But that has changed - I simply tell the girls that if you want to go to the golf clinic on Saturday morning that Saturday jobs needed to be done. I came home Friday to a fever pitch of activity - everyone was working to get their jobs done - even Zoe. It was fantastic - this was not the first week that it has happened. So the girls got all their jobs done and we all went golfing at 8:30 on Saturday.
1 comment:
WOOOOOWWW!! I am impressed. I wonder if that would work with our boys?!?!?! Some days it is like pulling teeth…literally. I gather you've had the same experiences. Well, I am impressed.
Post a Comment