Sunday, February 22, 2009

Nichole is Not Hooked on Phonics - post rated PG-13


On Saturday the girls got all their jobs done and we all went golfing at 8:30 am. I am trying to get everyone out to the truck and I go upstairs to see Nichole is doing her hair - I told her that she needed to be ready to go in two minutes - I get the "Yes Dad".


Three minutes later Nichole comes out to the truck and I proceed to tell her that she can just put her hair in a ponytail and then put a hat on. She looks over and says I don't have a hat - I fire back - I'll get you a hat but in the meantime you can wear one of mine - Oh like your camo hat or your Suns hat - sure both awesome hats. Then she says or your "tit-less" hat - What?? I was so shocked that I said it out loud. Then Nichole says your "titl- ist" hat. I am laughing and looking for someone else who find this a little bit humorous but I then I notice that I was the only one laughing. Kristine and Zoe are looking at me like - what's so funny. I'm said you didn't just hear what she said - Kristine of course repeats it and I'm like ok ok enough. It had been a long week and I really did need to laugh - I love it when I don't even see it coming - Nichole was referencing the Titliest hat that I was wearing.

Now this is where I return to my 12 year old days - but it gives me joy. Penni had to work on Saturday so later that night I came walking in the house and I purposely wore my Titliest hat - Nichole sees me and says "you are still wearing your "Tit-less" hat." I immediately look at Penni just as she about falls off the couch - "What?? Nichole do you know what you are saying?". I try to help by telling the story and what made it so funny is that Nichole had know idea what she was saying. Penni said to me "You didn't tell her what it meant?" Ah no and miss seeing your reaction - you must not know me - Hi, my name is Todd glad to meet you - I may look old but at times act like I am still 12 - I love jr. high jokes. Then Penni tells Nichole what it meant and in true Penni fashion did it in the most graphic way possible - that's what we get for having a nurse for a mom. Anyway I needed a good laugh - sorry if you read this and you were offended. But if you hung out with me at all this weekend you would hear the story anyway - the things that kids say coupled with Penni's reaction - makes for a good laugh.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That is hilarious!! I laughed the entire time reading that one! I can just see it so clearly!!