Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Roscoe

This is Roscoe - the vicious dog per a previous post. The reason that we have Roscoe is because Kristine is a animal lover. She wants a horse but all I can do right now is a big dog. Roscoe is an outside dog but because it gets 110 degrees in Arizona, the girls get soft during the day and let him come inside to cool down. I also get him shaved to help him stay cool. But here is the rule - yes there has to be rules.

Roscoe can only be on the mat - we put down the chair and open the shutters so he knows the boundaries and he does pretty good - when I am home. But I have someone working against me. This "someone" luckily takes pictures of them breaking the rules so it is not hard to produce evidence. For example, exhibit #1
Do you see that mat? - Is the dog on the mat? - NO!!!! But you have to love that Roscoe will keep his head on a rag - try to get most 115 lbs dogs to do that. How do we do it? Did you read that it is 115 degrees outside? - We could have Roscoe make dinner if Penni let him into the kitchen - he is that motivated to stay inside.

He looks so Innocent - the other night I went to put him outside after the sun went down and everyone went to bed and he didn't want to go outside. I admit that I didn't have much patients and the last thing I wanted was to take crap from a dog - so he jumped the chair and ran into the living room like he had won. At that point it was on - 115 lbs. vs. 315 lbs. I am proud to report that is was a technical TKO with the win going to the human in the first round. There is no doubt in the house who the Alpha man is - if that was ever in question. The Alpha male's only job is to call on who says the prayer at dinner and for family prayer and I am not giving that up. The next night Roscoe quickly got up and went outside when asked to. Only if all the females in the house were so obedient.

Exhibit #2

Do you see the mat? Use the chair as a reference - is he even close to the mat? Why is he suppose to be on the mat?


That is why he needs to be on the mat.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Loved the posts! Cory and I had some good laughs. I especially like the idea of removing the door; I can see us doing that with Briggs one of these days. As for the dog vs. man; I'm glad you are still the alpha male and that the "man" won--good luck with the rest of the summer.

Anonymous said...

Roscoe is just so cute isn't he!

Love and Life said...

Todd, your clever writing is truly a work of art. I love reading them, they make me laugh. If I could only be half so funny. That's why I stick with pictures - they're worth a thousand words anyway, so I hear.