Saturday, July 5, 2008

Palm Springs - What a Wonderful Day!!!!!

Penni and I were able to slip away for the weekend to Palm Springs – thanks to Carl and Judi. We stayed at a resort called the Oasis Report and it was beautiful. Friday was spent shopping, going to see a movie and hitting the pool. On Saturday – we slept in and then went to have breakfast at this little café in downtown Palm Springs. It was starting to heat up and it was going to be a hot day. We didn’t have anything planned – so we hit the visitor’s center. There is a tram that will take you to the top of one of the mountains and they said that it was 70 degrees on top. Sounded great to me but I did have to convince Penni to get on the tram. The only thing holding the tram up is a wire cable. I used my powers of persuasion and we were on our way to the tram. Penni was afraid of the height of the tram – I didn’t think that I would have a problem until we got on the tram and they tried to pack the thing as tight as possible – 80 sweating stinky people. I have a thing about tight places – learned that the hard way stuck on the subway in NY. I don’t like to be jam packed against people and having people touch me. Anyway I dealt with it without anyone getting hurt and we got to the top of the mountain. On the ride up I noticed that there was these guys with what looked like folded foam pads on their backs. So I had to ask what was up with the pads – so when we got to the top I went over to one of them and asked about the pads. He told me that it is used for rock climbing. They climb the rock and put the pad there in case they fall. Didn’t seem to bright to me but oh well. Once on the top of the mountain it was so beautiful and we decided to go on a 2 mile hike and spent about 3 hours there – it was great.



One of the best parts was the people watching - I love to people watch and then do the commentary. Penni thinks that I am too negitive but I calls it like I see it. When you get off the tram ride you have to walk down these switch backs to go to the trails. Well some of these older ladies are in their high heels trying to walk down this steep incline. It was funny.

After the tram ride we got back down to the desert and we went back to the condo and were going to go to dinner. I was really looking forward to a great steak but I didn’t want to spend $100 for a meal that was going to be so so. I finally settled on Flemings and called to make reservations. They happened to be running a summer special for half price so Penni and I had the best meal we have probably ever had for half price it was a great dinning experience – I highly recommend it. And I am glad to report that it was an alcohol free evening for Penni – most of the fancy dinners we have gone to she somehow gets ahold of some alcohol - I have plenty of stories to share. Anyway it was a great day – one of the best in recent memory.





Penni sitting by the pool
The pool
the jacuzzi
Penni - with that expression - hurry and take the picture you are embarrassing me.


No comments: