Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Young Women Campout

In January the Beehive Advisor decided to plan a camping trip for the beehives. She wanted to do this because she had been to girls camp and it was not real camping. The girls stay in dorm rooms with bunk beds, have a cafateria that cooks the meals and a big building to do their crafts. Yes it is up in the pines and they go on a hike but no real camping. The mothers in the ward call it Princess Camp.

Since I only have daughters I jumped at the chance to go camping with the Young Women. A family in our ward has a ranch with about 40 arches. There was running water, flushing toilets, electricity, and a zip line. The first two are requirements for women to go camping - trust me on that - or should I say requirements for my women to go camping.





Nichole and I with her friend and her mother.


Kristine helping putting up the tent.

All the girls pitched in to help with the tent.



The girls learning how to start a fire - we learned how to use a tampon to help get it started - funny I don't remember that from scout camp.


Cooking our tin foil dinners for lunch.


Kristine like to cook and jumped in to help make the dutch oven potatos - this is her cutting the potatos.

The girls learning how to make peach cobbler.
We got set up to do the zip line and I was at the end taking pictures and also helped catch the girls. The first one down the line was Zoe.

Cooking dinner in the dutch ovens

Zoe came with me because Penni had to work - she and I had a great time together.


This was the end of the line. We had a father and a YW leaders husband there to stop the girls and help them off the zip line - this was Nichole


Nichole on the zip line


Kristine on the zip line.

No comments: