After I was able to confirm that they liked to golf - Penni decided to capitalize on the golf excitement and made a game for the girls. We have a problem at our house where it takes us sometimes 2,4,6 or sometimes it seems like 20 times of us asking someone to do something before it gets done. You know - go to bed, go to bed now, what are you doing still up and you just figured out that you need a drink of water. So Penni developed a game so that we only had to ask once. After 10 days the girls could earn their reward - to go golfing - which meant to me to go hit some balls at the range. To Kristine it meant to go golfing - get a pink ball, ride/drive the cart and get some lunch after the ninth hole and just do it up right. So when Penni heard Kristine's plan she was not having any of this riding in the cart talk - it was you are walking the course. Which I was fine with and Kristine went along. So we did the game and it was time to reward the girls - since Nichole had a birthday party to attend in the afternoon I took her to the golf clinic in the morning and then at 2 o'clock Zoe, Kristine and myself tee'd off to play 9 holes of an executive course. No cart - we were hoof'n it. So at 2 we tee off - I hit from the blue tees and the girls hit from the red tees - it took some time to tee off. Kristine was already complaining about carrying the bag- Zoe was just going with the flow. It is an executive course so the first hole is the longest - a par four. I hit on the left side of the fairway and Kristine hit on the right side of the fairway. I get to the green and see Kristine walking towards me and I had gotten the girls a real nice set of clubs with head covers. I look at Kristine and see that two clubs are missing the head covers - then I look at the path she had taken and notice one head cover in the middle of the fairway and an other one at the tee box. I tell Kristine that she has to go back to the tee box to get the head cover. Of course the Marshal comes up as I am telling her this and he offers her a ride. Here are some more details - yes, you can walk the course but we were the only one's walking everyone else is on carts and these little old people are fast and impatient - OK maybe we were slow - Zoe can only hit is 30 yards at a time.
The Marshal delivers Kristine and tells me that we need to hurry. I got it. From then on it is - let's have fun but let's hurry. But by the third hole Kristine has had enough - how do I know this? Kristine is already complaining about carrying the bag. This picture says it all. She selected one club and then would walk up to the ball and hit it. Forget about taking off the golf bag that was too much trouble. Kristine we love you!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment