Monday, November 10, 2008

Time Out for Mothers and Daugthers

Penni called me up a couple of weeks ago and said that she had heard of this thing called Time Out for Mothers and Daughters and she wanted to take Nichole and Kristine. I told her that it was a great idea. Well they went on Saturday and had a great time. It was a win for me too - Zoe and I hung out all day - I asked her what she wanted to do - Do you want to go play basketball, baseball or football and she said "yes" so we played all three. Then she said that she wanted to go to Texas Roadhouse for lunch. Funny girl.


Here are some of the girls thoughts from Saturday:

Nichole - I really enjoyed getting to spend time with my mom and Kristine. I really enjoyed all the singers, (Jenny Frogley and Hillary Weeks, they were my favorite, and then my most favorite was Laurel Christensen -she is a talker NOT a singer) and I really liked listening to their music and their stories.

Kristine - I really enjoyed going to Time out for Woman and Girls. I loved it. When this singer started singing she said " All Beehives stand up and DANCE!!!!",then she said " All Mothers stand up and dance!!!!. My mom got up and started doing all these moves and I just slouched in my chair and pretended she wasn't my mom. But the rest of the time I loved every minute of it with my mom. I love that woman!




I was reading someone else's blog that went to a meeting the night before called Time Out for Couples - this was taken from "her" notes




Richard and Kathleen Walker spoke on 3 main points:

1. Men and Women were purposely created differently. We see and hear things differently. UTILIZE OUR DIFFERENCES AND APPLY THEM TO MAKE ONE WHOLE UNIT!

2. MAKE YOUR SPOUSES HAPPINESS HAPPIER THAN YOUR OWN. Is this really possible? It's the natural man to take care of yourself first. Kathleen said she asked her mom (Marjery Hinckley) one time how to maintain such happiness in a marriage. Her response was: LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS.

3. Do we REALLY understand and apply to RECEIVE one another? Receive each other as best friends. Receive each other unconditionally, just as we are. Receive each other as #1.


I told Penni about number 2 and lowering her expectations - and she said "No way - I am not going to" - that is why I love her.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I can picture Penni dancing now! How fun for her to be able to take the girls and for you to spend time with Zoe. I like what you noted for the time out for spouses. I read a conference talk about those very things. Something to constantly try to remember. Thanks for sharing!