
We joke about it in our family – but I know to a certain extent it goes on in all families – we call it “Phone Penni”. Let me set the stage – the kids are not listening, they are fighting with one another, one decides to talk back, another one decides to pick a fight with another sibling, you find one sitting in front of the TV not doing their homework and so on. As a parent you get upset – you may even raise your voice to get your children in gear. But wait – then the phone rings – you answer it - and with a pleasant voice say “Hello – oh no you didn’t catch me at a bad time ……” we call this “Phone Penni”. So when Penni is not in a good mood or the kids have gotten to her and it is my time to be with her – I lean over and say I want “Phone Penni”.
We went out with some friends this past weekend and were enjoying some good conversation. I mentioned that Penni had given me some limits as to what I could talk about – they immediately wanted to know what those limits were. Mind you Penni needs to do this – should do this - because I normally get myself into trouble. So I am trying to be good – we are at a Pub so I work in the stories about Penni and alcohol. Always a great story – then the Phone Penni reference works into the conversation. I explain the term Phone Penni to the other couple and the wife immediately says oh we call that “Church Chris”.
We went out with some friends this past weekend and were enjoying some good conversation. I mentioned that Penni had given me some limits as to what I could talk about – they immediately wanted to know what those limits were. Mind you Penni needs to do this – should do this - because I normally get myself into trouble. So I am trying to be good – we are at a Pub so I work in the stories about Penni and alcohol. Always a great story – then the Phone Penni reference works into the conversation. I explain the term Phone Penni to the other couple and the wife immediately says oh we call that “Church Chris”.
1 comment:
That is funny. It is hard to do, I don't think men know how hard it is. My kids hear the phone ring and start crying and want me to hold them; good times and go figure!
Post a Comment