Monday, November 3, 2008

Another - story of my life

One of the things that was on my list to do this weekend was to replace the key pad on the outside of our garage for the garage door opener because the other one was hard to use. So I replaced it and it is a little different than the old one so I was going to have to show everyone how to use it. As I am driving to work I remember that I didn't train everyone on how to use the new key pad. Then I remember that Penni is home so they can get in through the front door, no one is going to need the key pad. I thought that it would be a great FHE lesson - how to get in the house.





So I am at work it's 9:00am - I am meeting with someone and my phone rings. My phone has a "special" ring for the number that I gave Penni to call me on - so I know when it's her calling. Back to the story - I am in a meeting, the phone rings, I know it is Penni but I need to finish the meeting. Fifteen seconds later the phone is ringing again - this time the people I have in my office say - do you need to get that? No, it is my wife she just probably wants to tell me that she misses me. I am not sure that they got the sarcastic tone of my voice. But this time she did leave me a message - Todd, I need you to call me back as soon as you get this. So I called her back a couple of minutes later when my meeting was over. Now for the story of my life - Penni got locked out of the garage and needed to know the new code to the key pad. I bet Penni has used that key pad five times in the three and a half years that we have lived in that house and today was one of those days. Of course. You may ask how she got locked out of the garage because she's a smart cookie. Seems that our washing machine was spinning so hard (and according to Penni it is out of balance because I have never balanced it) that the bottom drawer of the washer opened enough so that it makes it that you can't open the back door that leads you into the garage. Honestly I don't make this stuff up - it's my life. One of the girls in the office asks me - dead battery - nope - out of gas - nope - water heater - nope - a/c - nope - Roscoe - nope - then I said - she got locked out of the garage - you're fault - yep. Then she says - you think that you would learn by now - nope!!






No comments: