Wednesday, August 1, 2007

This is why I Blog - to rememeber stuff like this

Zoe came up to me last night and said that she loved me. Which I don't doubt but it was a little strange. So I inquired why she was so expressive. I noticed that she had my phone in her hand and was scrolling thru my contact list. Which brought up another question - how does she know my password to activate my phone? Then I remembered that I gave it to Nichole once to look up a phone number. Which then I thought how funny it is that when I ask the girls to do work or a job it takes three or four times of asking or for me to get upset before they do it. Then stuff like passwords or stating we may do something fun is burned into their brain. Anyway I digress. Zoe sat down next to me on the couch and said do you know that you have Santa Claus's phone number on your phone. After a hearty laugh I reminder her that I talk to Santa every year and we have had him come to our house a couple of times. She looked at me like I was the coolest Dad.

Needless I forget that an hour later I asked her to go up stairs to take a bath and she said I took one this afternoon. I said mom asked you to take a shower in the middle of the day and she said yes and added while Kristine and Nichole weren't home. So I said Mom will be home in a minute and I will ask her if you are telling the truth. Zoe thought about that for a minute and then said OK I will go take a bath. I just love being a parent.

No comments: