Monday, May 17, 2010

Birthday at San Tan Flats

9 years old
For Todd and Zoe's Birthday this year I surprised them by taking them to San Tan Flats. It's an outdoor/indoor restaurant complete with your own fire for roasting marshmellows. They have live country music and a dance floor. Most everything is outside and the place was packed.

The food was very good, the atmosphere was fun, we enjoyed the live music and tried our hand at country dancing. We had a great time and Zoe and Todd seemed like they were enjoying their birthday celebration.



The view from our table.

Zoe's cute face.

Happy Birthday to the both of you!!



They had some fun chairs that were saddles and some were tractor seats.


Zoe enjoying her junior burger.



Waiting for our food. Kristine definitely had the look down!!

Nichole's take on the night - "my food was good but it's not really my thing" - such a teenager.




Taking care of the fire. You had to go get your wood and build it and then a guy would come over and torch it to get it started.

A view of the crowd. Everyone has their own fire. It's like camping but without all the work.

The battery died on the camera when the music and dancing started so we weren't able to get pictures of the girls dancing but we had a good time!

The Fam - not sure who Todd is talking to.

Checking things out



Supportive sisters
****Sorry I have to put my two cents in with a story and then some observations. We are sitting waiting for our dinner and talking about Kristine's order - she ordered a dozen "hot" wings. Kristine's main concern is that she gets enough to eat and that her order comes quickly. I was asking Kristine why she wanted the hot and not try the medium. I was not sure she could "enjoy" the hot wings - but what do I know. Then I said to Nichole - Kristine is probably going to have extra - do you want some wings?? Nichole said - I told you that I don't eat cow (the joy of a teenage) - but do you want some chicken wings - I don't eat cow - I know but do you want some ccchickenn wings - finally I couldn't take it and said - where on the cow is the chicken wings - she finally got it. We had a good laugh at our honor's student expense. And we got our order but Kristine had to continue to wait for her wings - she was not happy - and yes the wings were too hot but she still ate them - she took three home in a dogie bag. We also had fun people watching (my favorite part) - correction to Penni's description - it was a indoor/outdoor bar first - restaurant second. Beer
always makes the night fun - from the lady that ran into the fire pit twice
- to the guy that threw his cardboard into our fire and then once it was lit
flipped it out of our pit with a stick and tried to walk it over to his pit. The old lady next to us said that was the stupidest thing she had seen - I kept telling the girls
that the night was young - I am sure that we are going to see more stupid things.
Needless to say it was a great birthday party.

1 comment:

Elder Tyler Mumford said...

That sounds like a such a fun place with great entertainment! I luv to people watch.

We need to go out soon! What is your Memorial Day weekend like?