Saturday night I asked Penni if she wanted to go on a date and out to dinner. She accepted – then both Kristine and Nichole got babysitting jobs so it looked like Zoe was going on the date. Then Nichole’s job fell through so it was back to just Penni and I. My brother in law called to see if we wanted to go to dinner – we agreed – and planned on meeting at 6:30. I noticed that it was 5 so I thought to myself – watch some TV, shower and leave at 6:10. I ran downstairs and passed Penni in the hallway after she had just gotten home from a baby shower and she said “why are you not ready to go”. Been there done that – so instead of saying I am going to watch some TV, take my time in the shower and we will go at 6:10. I said – I am jumping in the shower and will be ready in 5 minutes. Cussing in the shower because I just knew that there was a fabric store or craft store in my future because dinner had not changed from 6:30 and I hate those stores. It's always - I just need to run in for one thing – and 30 minutes of pure h&$* ensues.
So sure enough we hit Target and after trying to prolong the stay with a little game of hide and seek. Penni said that we needed to go to a fabric store – saying that it will not be as bad as the craft store - right. So at the fabric store we get our 1/8th of a yard and we are waiting to check out. I look at the next counter and notice this huge bottle of hand sanitizer. So I think to myself I am going to eat – may not hit the bathroom so lets disinfect now. I hit the pump and a huge glob of hand sanitizer comes out - I mean huge it was all over the place. So I am rubbing it on my hands, my arms, my neck, my head and I still have plenty. I finally find enough places to get rid of it all. By then Penni is done and we are heading out to the car. So like every date I am trying to score just like in college – I have put my moves on her – in Target and the fabric store - but nothing is really working.
We role out of the parking lot headed to dinner and Penni gives me this look. You know the look – and she says – what is that smell? – she says it is a good way – like I have new cologne on. I didn’t want to tell her the truth so I said – it is just me – remember I showered – she says no really – how/why do you smell so good. I smell good?? – trying a different tactic – yes, really good. Finally I can’t keep it up – I pause – it is hand sanitizer that I got at Joann’s. We both start laughing – it was really good to have a good laugh. Note to self - stop by Joann’s after work and get some hand sanitizer.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You're so funny! You should write a column in the newspaper. Too funny!
Love it!! Cory and I got a big kick out of your post!! Keep them coming! Our days are always much brighter with some "Todd" humor thrown into the mix!!
Post a Comment