Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Close the Barn Door

Penni told me the other night that her sister (who needs some cheering up) asked for a funny story. Since every one in my family feels that I "throw them under the bus" when I tell my stories - it has been difficult to come up with one. But I think that I have one.

Penni went with me to a doctor's appointment last week. We go into the office and I was at the front counter signing in, paying my co-pay and showing my insurance card. A little old lady was sitting in a chair next to the door in between the door and the front counter.



Penni was standing behind me when the lady sitting on the chair motioned to Penni, with her finger, to come closer. I thought that the lady was going to say something like how nice Penni looked or maybe ask if Penni helped her at the hospital. But instead the lady said in a sweet voice - Your zipper is down! Penni thanked her and quickly zipped up, then we went out the door to an adjacent office for my appointment. As we walked Penni said "why didn't you notice that my zipper was down?" - I quickly shot back the only zipper that I would notice is if your zipper was in the back of your pants or down the front of your shirt. Sorry that is just how I role - you are on your own with everything else!

Jodi that is the best I can do right now - but I did tell you the washer and dryer story - that should always bring out a laugh.

2 comments:

Palumbo Crew said...

That is pretty good but your right when I picture the visual that comes to my head which includes the washer it always gets me laughing and no matter how long its been its still just as funny has when you told me!! Kinda of like the video of me pregnant with Kaylee, you still get a kick out of me gaining 60 pounds!!!!! Am I right. Thanks for that!
Love Jodi

Palumbo Crew said...

That is pretty good but your right when I picture the visual that comes to my head which includes the washer it always gets me laughing and no matter how long its been its still just as funny has when you told me!! Kinda of like the video of me pregnant with Kaylee, you still get a kick out of me gaining 60 pounds!!!!! Am I right. Thanks for that!
Love Jodi