Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Valentine's Day

For Valentine's Day I gave Penni the usual See's candy and a lovely heart-felt card. Then I gave each of the girls’ cards and made them cinnamon rolls for breakfast. The cinnamon rolls were a surprise but Penni called the girls early that morning from work and asked them how they enjoyed their breakfast. So much for the surprise. Then for dinner Penni went to Papa Murphy's and got a heart shaped pizza. Penni does a lot of great things but - this is really unlike Penni to do - since she had to wait in line for 20 minutes. I told Nichole that mom probably felt some pressure since I made your favorite breakfast. We had a good laugh. As for me, I got to pick from two cards. 1) Something I have seen and enjoyed 2) Something I have never done before. Being the adventurous one I chose #2.




You guessed it - a pedicure. Penni gave me the cards on Friday morning but would not tell me until Saturday what I had selected. She did give me a hint about the one that I didn’t select and I was ticked at myself for not going for a sure thing. Friday night I was talking to Nichole and she said that not knowing what I had selected bugged her all day during school. She was more excited about it, then I was. So on Saturday we head off for his and her pedicures. We get there and to my surprise there are three guys and two ladies there. We have to wait for a few minutes, while waiting a lady came in and wanted her eyes waxed, her upper lip waxed and something else. It was too much information for me. So we get called and I go sit in the chair and put my feet in the water. I went to move back in my chair and I put all my weight on my feet to push back and my left foot slipped and my big toe hit one of the jets. Now I have a big toe with a crack down the middle of the nail. So I didn’t start off so good. But it got better. I had a big flat screen in front of me playing Benchwarmers and I had a rack of gossip magazines to read. The only thing that I was missing was a diet coke (I need to remember that for next time). What more could a girl guy need. The only problem came when the girl was scrubbing the bottom of my feet, I am a little ticklish and I just about went thru the roof. Then she asked me if I wanted a sea salt and something or other. I thought that she meant to take home; instead she meant the adhesive scrub that she wanted to apply to my feet and legs. It ended up taking a couple of layer of skin off but my feet sure look good. Of course they said that I needed to come back for more sessions. Luckily the place is right next to my barber so I can now make an afternoon of self pampering.

The girls could wait to tell everyone that there Dad went and got a pedicure. Kristine told Jason and Shondelle and then Nichole was babysitting and she told the couple (he is our Young Men’s President). So Sunday I got to Bishopric meeting and then PEC, the YM’s pres shows up late to the meeting and sits there for 15 seconds and blurts out - did I miss Todd telling everyone about his pedicure. So like I told everyone in PEC – if my wife wants me to grow more hair – sorry, if she wants me to be better looking – sorry. But if she says come with me to have some lady (not man) rub your feet for 30 minutes – I can do that.

1 comment:

Peggy Jo Price said...

Wow, I can't wait for the Hanson Family to get a hold of this picture. They will never let you live it down.