Sunday, November 18, 2007

Halloween




We started out the week going to our friend's Halloween party. We had to get dressed up and I had a hard time thinking of something to do so I ended up going as Dracula and Penni wore Nichole’s china girl costume from last year. After the fact, I came up with a great idea of shaving my head and going as an overweight, out of shape Britney Spears, but I was a day late and there is always next year. On Saturday night we went trunker treating. There were suppose to be two wards but it was a real weak turnout. After 30 minutes you start seeing kids coming around for the 5th time, something not right? But someone made homemade root-beer so the night was not a total loss.

Halloween night got a lot better. We were invited to go over to our friends for dinner and then go trick or treating. So I ran home from work, got dressed in the camo and broke out the rhino to follow the kids. I went as a pile of leaves (the rhino is camo and I was camo). The girls did real good and got a ton of candy.

This Friday night we went to the ward campout that was supposed to be 15 minutes from our house. But it took us an hour to get there because we took are wrong turn. That is what I get from reading the driving instructions.

Zoe has a boy in the ward that really likes her. You have probably heard me tell some stories about it, the boy’s mother doesn’t do anything to discourage it. Anyway after the campfire songs they had some games to play, Zoe went and played INO with this boy’s family (he has two twin sisters that are a year older and they like Zoe too). Well it was time to go and of course Zoe wanted to stay and play, she had a good time. As we are going through that we didn’t bring stuff to stay the night and we need to go home so she can go to sleep. The boy pipes up and says “Zoe can sleep with me” Penni and I look at each other and I said you have to love the innocence of it. Then we had a good laugh. He just didn’t want to see his buddy go.

No comments: