Sunday, November 18, 2007

November 10th

Today was the Southwest Invitational Barbeque cook off. I found out about it a couple of weeks ago and asked Penni if we could use our entertainment budget money to buy some tickets, but I did get a real warm response. So the day came and Penni worked and we had a fundraiser to go to that night so it just wasn’t working. So I decided to go work instead. To my surprise Penni showed up at my work around lunch time and wanted to know if I still wanted to go to the bbq cook-off. So off we went. She was concerned that it was not going to meet my high expectations. We got there and walked around, I could immediately tell that I was not going to get Penni to another cook-off so I had to make the most of it. We bought some taster tickets and went around tasting some of the different bbq’s that were in the competition. Basically it is a bunch of different groups of people that get together, drink beer and cook pork. I got a cook off t-shirt to remember the experience and we were off. I threatened to wear my new t-shirt to the ward fundraiser by both Nichole and Penni told me no. I forgot to take any pictures until we were walking out, so to represent all the redneckers out there I took a picture next to the DeWalt Hummer H2.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Todd, it is so good to have you back after a loooooong spell away from Blogging. I always enjoy your humor and getting an inside look at the Pickett family through "Todd's eyes." If you really want good BBQ you've just got to make a trip to Kansas City. Maybe on your way out to the famous "Nauvoo Trip" the Hansen family has always wanted to take . . . hmmmm???? Anyway, I hope you are enjoying your new job! Tell Penni and the girls hi from us!