

Sunday was Fathers Day and I am one lucky dad. I woke up and got ready for my 6:30 meeting and Penni had set out a basket full of fruit and donuts for me to take to Bishopric meeting. Then my financial clerk showed up to church so I didn’t have to do tithing and could go home and spend it with the family. It was great. I asked Penni and the girls for a platter for when I am grilling so that I have some place big enough to put the meat on. They really came through. I love the handles, it is big enough to put ribs on; it was a great present. All the girls wrote me a card – it was the best part of the day. Kristine had written me a letter in school and then her teacher said that she would mail the letters to the dads before Fathers Day. It was a great letter – it had the Kristine personal touches – for example, at the end of the letter she closed it with
XOxxxoooXoxO
Peace Out,
Kristine
I asked Kristine what all the XOs meant and she said you know in Nacho Libre when he writes that letter to the girl and says big hug big kiss little kiss little hug and so on. I had a big laugh. Then she gave me a present that she really had put some thought into it. There was a really good pizza place by my old office called Ray’s Pizza. It is run by a couple of New York guys. The down size to eating there is that the guys that ran the place were complete jerks – but the pizza is so good that you come back for more and just deal with the poor customer service. If you ever saw the Seinfeld show about the Soup Nazi – this is the exact same thing.
Well I noticed a couple of months ago that they were opening a Ray’s Pizza by our house, so I went in a recently to grab a slice and sure enough the guys running it are jerks – but the pizza is fabulous. I usually take the girls out for pizza on Friday nights after I pick Zoe up from dance and Nichole and Kristine finish cleaning my office. I have been telling the girls that we will have to go to Ray’s when it opens. For Fathers Day Kristine came up with the idea that she wanted to get me a gift certificate to Ray’s Pizza. So one night last week Penni took the girls to Ray’s to get a gift certificate and some pizza for dinner. When she asked for a gift certificate - they were told we don’t do gift certificates. Then Penni asked if we could buy just the dough and sauce (to make pizzas on the grill at home – some pizza places will just sell you the dough and sauce) not at Ray’s they don’t do that. That is why I love these guys – it is their way or the highway. At the restaurant in Scottsdale there are no drink refills - you have to buy another drink at full price – who does that – Rays Pizza that’s who.
A little background on Kristine and some of the presents that she has given me. She is such a sweet girl. A couple of years ago she didn't have money to buy me a present or Penni didn't take her to get a present I am not sure which. Anyway, she went into my bedroom and under my sink I keep an extra shaving cream, deodorant and so forth, so that when I run out I have a back-up. Well she went and took all of my extra personal items and wrapped them up and gave them to me for Christmas. Like I said, what a sweet girl.
Cute things that the girls did this week:
Kristine had a late night with her friend and I asked her what they did. She said we played fuzzball – she said that she was beating her friend when I came to pick her up. I said you mean you were playing foosball? Kristine said “yah that’s it”.
I guess Zoe has been watching Nacho Libre with Kristine because she has been going around the house saying “Jose, can I barrow some sweat pants”. At first I said to her “where are you hearing these things” then I got the full story.
At church Nichole and Kristine's favorite primary teacher got released a couple of weeks ago and it has really been hard on the girls. Especially Nichole, so at church Nichole kept asking me who was going to be her new primary teacher. I told her that she needed to listen to the Bishop to find out. Then I whispered something very softly to Penni. Nichole heard every word - I was like I have to ask you twenty times to practice the violin but if I whisper in my softest voice you have bionic ears. So from now on I going to go up to Penni and whisper in her ear - Nichole pick up your room - practice your violin - don't irritate your sisters. We will see if works.
Kids are funny - I am sure that I never provided this much entertainment to my parents.
XOxxxoooXoxO
Peace Out,
Kristine
I asked Kristine what all the XOs meant and she said you know in Nacho Libre when he writes that letter to the girl and says big hug big kiss little kiss little hug and so on. I had a big laugh. Then she gave me a present that she really had put some thought into it. There was a really good pizza place by my old office called Ray’s Pizza. It is run by a couple of New York guys. The down size to eating there is that the guys that ran the place were complete jerks – but the pizza is so good that you come back for more and just deal with the poor customer service. If you ever saw the Seinfeld show about the Soup Nazi – this is the exact same thing.
Well I noticed a couple of months ago that they were opening a Ray’s Pizza by our house, so I went in a recently to grab a slice and sure enough the guys running it are jerks – but the pizza is fabulous. I usually take the girls out for pizza on Friday nights after I pick Zoe up from dance and Nichole and Kristine finish cleaning my office. I have been telling the girls that we will have to go to Ray’s when it opens. For Fathers Day Kristine came up with the idea that she wanted to get me a gift certificate to Ray’s Pizza. So one night last week Penni took the girls to Ray’s to get a gift certificate and some pizza for dinner. When she asked for a gift certificate - they were told we don’t do gift certificates. Then Penni asked if we could buy just the dough and sauce (to make pizzas on the grill at home – some pizza places will just sell you the dough and sauce) not at Ray’s they don’t do that. That is why I love these guys – it is their way or the highway. At the restaurant in Scottsdale there are no drink refills - you have to buy another drink at full price – who does that – Rays Pizza that’s who.
A little background on Kristine and some of the presents that she has given me. She is such a sweet girl. A couple of years ago she didn't have money to buy me a present or Penni didn't take her to get a present I am not sure which. Anyway, she went into my bedroom and under my sink I keep an extra shaving cream, deodorant and so forth, so that when I run out I have a back-up. Well she went and took all of my extra personal items and wrapped them up and gave them to me for Christmas. Like I said, what a sweet girl.
Cute things that the girls did this week:
Kristine had a late night with her friend and I asked her what they did. She said we played fuzzball – she said that she was beating her friend when I came to pick her up. I said you mean you were playing foosball? Kristine said “yah that’s it”.
I guess Zoe has been watching Nacho Libre with Kristine because she has been going around the house saying “Jose, can I barrow some sweat pants”. At first I said to her “where are you hearing these things” then I got the full story.
At church Nichole and Kristine's favorite primary teacher got released a couple of weeks ago and it has really been hard on the girls. Especially Nichole, so at church Nichole kept asking me who was going to be her new primary teacher. I told her that she needed to listen to the Bishop to find out. Then I whispered something very softly to Penni. Nichole heard every word - I was like I have to ask you twenty times to practice the violin but if I whisper in my softest voice you have bionic ears. So from now on I going to go up to Penni and whisper in her ear - Nichole pick up your room - practice your violin - don't irritate your sisters. We will see if works.
Kids are funny - I am sure that I never provided this much entertainment to my parents.
2 comments:
That is absolutely awesome - "XOxxxooo, Peace Out, Kristine" Good stuff - thanks for sharing that. By the way, Hopefully Kristine doesn't transition her gift giving of not only regiving your hygeine products but regiving used hygein products like Lisa's mother has done for her and her sisters on a few occasions - these little events are leveraged for some great laughs when gathering with her family!:)
Hey Dad,
It is CHANCHO!!!!!!!! Choanch I need to brorrow some sweat pants.
Post a Comment