
Last Wedesday Penni worked and I had the girls for the day. I had to get Kristine to swim team that started at 7:15 and then I had to be back home by 9:00 for Zoe’s swimming lesson. While at the swimming lesson I had a few minutes so I checked my email and messages. Then I got a reminder on my phone that today was my 15 year anniversary. Of course my first thought was “quick call Penni so that I can be the first to say happy anniversary”. Which I promptly did, she had also forgotten. Normally we try to plan something special on our anniversary but this year we had talked about going to do something in the fall to celebrate our anniversary. So that is the reason for the lack of excitement. But later that day Penni called me and said “you, me Dairy Queen”. I was like, I am suppose to be watching my weight. Why are you wanting me to go to Dairy Queen? But I failed to get the joke. The girls are always singing songs from the musical Dear Edwina and one of their favorite songs has the line “you, me Dairy Queen”. So I missed the joke, but Penni and I went out to dinner that night to one of our favorite restaurant and had a great time.
No comments:
Post a Comment