
At the beginning of the year I went to get my oil changed and tires rotated - they wanted $65. So that was enough to motivate me to change my own oil and rotate my tires on the van. So Saturday night I went to Auto Zone and bought the oil and filter then I started about 5pm. I found the oil plug and the oil filter. I positioned the pan to catch the oil - but I under-estimated how far the oil would shoot out from the engine block - now I am frantically trying to move the pan to catch the oil not before I have oil all over the driveway. I finally got everything cleaned up, the oil off the driveway and put away about 8pm. Thanks Kristine for holding the flash light.
It is not over - two weeks later Penni calls to tell me that the van is making a horrible noise and that smoke was coming out from under the hood. By the time I called her back she had walked over to a tire shop by were she picks Zoe up from tumbling. She got a guy to come look at the van. Come to find out that a screw driver had gotten stuck in the fan and melted. Upon Penni opening the hood she noticed the air filter (still in the box) that I was going to put in the van was sitting on the engine block. Then the guy noticed that a screwdriver was melted on the fan.
I tell this story to show that I can make fun of myself - I told Penni that the next time I change the oil it can't go any worse. Plus I saved $45.
3 comments:
That is hilarious!!
Todd, This is hilarious... my husband feels the same way about the oil changes... a rip off.
I'll make sure Brandon doesn't do this.
I linked you to our blog if you don't mind. http://jandbrankin.blogspot.com
...I can just picture it...very funny.
Post a Comment