Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Be Careful What You Say At Church
A couple of weeks ago Penni was asked to speak in church because the wife of this couple in our ward didn't want to speak ( and she will tell you that she won't speak so this is no big secret) but her husband did want to speak. As part of her talk Penni told the story about how she took care of the Prophet (which was President Benson) at the LDS Hospital when we lived in Utah. She doesn't like to tell the story, but I encouraged her to because it went so well with her talk. She did such a great job that I felt bad for the guy that had to follow her. Then he gets up and gives a killer talk, so it was a great meeting. Anyway, for the last couple of weeks Penni has been getting calls late at night from people in the ward regarding their medical concerns. A couple of the calls I was glad that they called because they needed some reassurance. Penni does her best to help but there is not much she can do, it's not like she can call in a prescription or cure over the phone. Most of the time they are trying to determine whether to go to the hospital or not. Penni has told a couple to go to the hospital and they don't want to because of the long lines. Anyway she got another call today and I finally put it together - Hey if Sister Pickett is good enough for Pres. Benson then she is good enough for me. I had a good laugh, Penni doesn't think that it is that funny, but I do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment