This past week the girls all had softball games. Zoe was playing left center and a ball was hit in center field. She took off like a rocket to go get the ball, now in tee ball usually there are about five or six players that chase after a ball the goes past the outfields and then there is usually a struggle between two or three kids to see who gets to throw the ball to the pitcher. Well Zoe hustled out to the get the ball along with the right centerfielder. He ended up with the ball because he dove for it but I loved the hustle.
During Nichole and Kristine’s game – Nichole hit a double, which is amazing. Because she is real timid. Even her base running has improved. A ball was hit to the shortstop and Nichole ran to third and beat the throw. Every week she gets better. Kristine played catcher for a couple of innings and had a couple of strong hits. I think by next year she will be hitting them out of the park.
On Saturday Nichole and Kristine had softball practice. Kristine ended up being the star of the practice because she was hustling caught a couple of fly balls in the outfield but she really shined playing shortstop. She is turning into the son we never had. Nichole had a good practice but she doesn’t have the killer instinct that some people are born with, so I try to be encouraging and make sure that she has fun.
That might have to be my last practice or I may need to just stay in the car. Because I don’t want to be one of those dad’s that plays sports thru their kids and that is barking all the time. It is hard standing on the sidelines. I yelled out a couple of instructions to N&K and then had to just pace back and forth. At the games I don’t like sitting on the chair by Penni because I like to be down by the field “helping” the girls. But Penni has to tell me to sit down and leave them alone. Anyway enough of softball.
On Saturday the girls had a piano and violin recital and they both did real good. I had no problem sitting and being quite at the recital.
During Nichole and Kristine’s game – Nichole hit a double, which is amazing. Because she is real timid. Even her base running has improved. A ball was hit to the shortstop and Nichole ran to third and beat the throw. Every week she gets better. Kristine played catcher for a couple of innings and had a couple of strong hits. I think by next year she will be hitting them out of the park.
On Saturday Nichole and Kristine had softball practice. Kristine ended up being the star of the practice because she was hustling caught a couple of fly balls in the outfield but she really shined playing shortstop. She is turning into the son we never had. Nichole had a good practice but she doesn’t have the killer instinct that some people are born with, so I try to be encouraging and make sure that she has fun.
That might have to be my last practice or I may need to just stay in the car. Because I don’t want to be one of those dad’s that plays sports thru their kids and that is barking all the time. It is hard standing on the sidelines. I yelled out a couple of instructions to N&K and then had to just pace back and forth. At the games I don’t like sitting on the chair by Penni because I like to be down by the field “helping” the girls. But Penni has to tell me to sit down and leave them alone. Anyway enough of softball.
On Saturday the girls had a piano and violin recital and they both did real good. I had no problem sitting and being quite at the recital.
No comments:
Post a Comment