So I talked with my brother Cory on the phone last night and he wanted to know the results of Nichole's birthday choice. The winner was the straightener. I know --- it shocked us too.
How does a 14 year old girl who has been begging for a cell phone since the age of 10 decide on a straightener over a cell phone? We are not exactly sure but from what we can make of it is was because of the long list of birthday wants she gave us we told her of the amount we had budgeted for her birthday. Knowing the price of the phone and the straightener we told her she couldn't have both. You all need to realize that the price of this straightener is around $150. I asked the salon people if it was made out of gold and did you hair for you for that price. I am not sure they knew what to think so I said "really what on earth makes this thing so expensive?" Something about not damaging your hair as much and lifetime warranty were thrown at me.
Anyways, basically it came down to the fact that it was a PINK GIRAFFE print hair straightener that all of her friends and a young women's leader( that she thinks is the best thing since sliced bread) have that won her decision over. Go figure.
So the proposal was asked - "If I get a chi straightener for my birthday can I get a phone for Christmas?? You've made me wait this long I guess six more months aren't going to hurt me."
I am not sure we have completely learned the idea of needs versus wants but we are learning delayed gratification ---------------- sort of.
4 comments:
So this is what you do on the first day of school and left alone. You blog for the first time. Don't start blogging unless to continue it, everyone expects a lot more posts in the future.
But you left out that you got a new cell phone Saturday night and made sure that it had a keyboard so you could start texting with Nichole when she gets her cell phone. Oh and you called home to test the new cell phone and asked Kristine why she was answering the phone when she didn't recognize the phone number. I could go on and on - like the eye brow waxing.
signed Anonymous
Dang! $150!
Hello anonymous husband - you don't need to go on and on. I am blogging because you've left everyone hanging.
Sadie, - yes that was the price. However I did my savvy shopping and bought it on sale and with my 20% off coupon and paid a mere $80.00 (choke, choke).
Post a Comment