Sunday, June 7, 2009

Lost Post from early May 2009

Tonight I took Kristine to get her softball pictures taken and on the way home this is what you would have heard if you were a fly in my truck.

Driving past a diary with about 200 cows –

Me – Dang that is a strong smell. It burns!!!

Kristine – You get used to it – that is what it is going to smell like at my house (Kristine’s dream is to live on a ranch in Texas with her husband Buck).

Me – You are going to have 200 cows.

Kristine – No horses

Me - horses don’t smell that bad. I don’t remember it smelling that bad in Shelley at Grandma and Grandpa’s.

Kristine - well they only have 10 horses.

Me – how many horses are you going to have?

Kristine - 25-50

Me - wow that is a lot.

Kristine - Yeah, people are just going to give them to us because they don’t want to take care of them.

Me - How are you going to feed them?

Kristine - I am going to have a job like Uncle Jason (Uncle Jason is an Endodontist). Dad how much do you make an hour?

Me - $50 – (I figured that I would just throw out a big number for her).

Kristine - How much does Uncle Jason make per hour?

Me - I don’t know

Kristine - he gets paid a lot for pulling roots out of people’s teeth.

Me - Yeah it is a sweet gig if you can get it.

Kristine - That is what I am going to be – because I am not going to work at your company because it doesn’t pay for anything.

Me - I change the subject because I think I just got slammed by my daughter. How many kids are you going to have?

Kristine - Six

Me - Wow – 50 horses, six kids, an endodonist – what is Buck (the name of her husband) going to do?

Kristine - he is going to be an endodonist too.

Me - Wow!! Who is going to watch all your kids?

Kristine - well I am going to have one per year for six years – then that is where you and mom come in. You will watch them because you will be retired. Oh and I am going to have two diary cows, two beef cows, a pig and a chicken.

Me - What are you going to do with a pig?

Kristine - Hmmm open a petting zoo.

Me - Who is going to run the petting zoo?

Kristine - You and mom,

Me - Glad to see that my retirement years are planned out for me..

I pull into Sonic to get me a Diet Coke for which I have a coupon for a free one. Sweet….

Kristine - Dad you must spend $1,000 per year on Diet Cokes from Sonic.

Me - How’s that? (Your number is low)

Kristine - One per day and they are usually $1

Me - How many days in a year?

Kristine - 365

Me - How much is that?

Kristine - Ahhhhhhh

Me - What is 365 times $1?

Kristine - $365

ME - That is a lot less than $1,000 and tonight is didn’t cost me anything.

We both had a good laugh. Oh to be 12 again and have your dreams. I hope that Kristine is able to find happiness and fulfill all of her dreams. Someday I will miss having these talks with my girls. Now I have to go home and tell Penni that my job doesn’t pay for anything.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

That was hilarious! I can picture the whole conversation and it was a lot of fun to read! Boy, these days go by so quickly don't they. BTW, looks like you better get your resume back out there :)

Sadie said...

That is so funny! I love kids and their innocence.

Love and Life said...

That's awesome - I love reading your stories they are always so funny! Keep 'em coming. You know, you could always get a second job....

Kristine said...

I am soooo funny aren't I !!!
- Kristine