The girls before the game
Picutre of the JumboTron
Zoe cracking her peanuts
Zoe enjoying her ice cream
Great seats
Stop and Smell the Roses was an album released by Ringo Star in 1981. I took time last night to stop and smell the roses and they smelled pretty good.
Yesterday Uncle Jason called me and wanted to know if I wanted to go to the Diamondbacks game. He had four tickets so I decided to do a weekday Daddy/Daughter Date and I took all three girls to the game.
I got home early and picked-up the girls and headed off to the game. We parked and got to our seats before the first pitch. Kristine catch a rubber ball that the mascot was throwing out and the girls got their images put up on the JumboTron. The seats were amazing, we were right behind the Diamondback’s dugout.
The setting was beautiful – the roof was open and it was just a great day to be at the ballpark. But the best part was being with my girls. Kristine and Nichole were getting along, which is a rare occasion. Zoe had some cute saying like; the Diamondback’s mascot is a bobcat so Zoe said “Dad who let the Lion out of the cage?” then a moment later I said “Come on D’Backs we need to get a hit” and Zoe says “We don’t need to get a hit, they do.” And before the game I said that these are some “sweet” seats and Zoe said “No, the “suites” are up there”, pointing to the suites. Then she asked if we were going to the suite because she liked the bathrooms in the suites.
I never got any complaints about how long the game was and there was no quarreling. I did tell them that I would buy them a treat – I guess peanuts and corn nuts don’t count as treats. During the fifth inning everyone needed a bathroom break and we decided to get our treats then. Kristine told me that Nichole was enjoying the game because of the two cute boys that were sitting in front of us. That she kept commenting on how good they smelled. I guess they were wearing Hollister cologne – Nichole said it was $250 a bottle – read my previous post; they also have $60 shirts. So when I saw Nichole I had to share with her what Kristine had told me - and added that my birthday was coming up and I needed some new cologne. I told her that I will get some and wear it all the time so that when she smells it she will think of her dad and not cute teenage boys. She didn’t like that idea – I told her that $250 was a small price to pay. She also wanted to clarify that the cute boy was sitting across the isle from us and that the two boys in front of us only smelled good.
So the game ended with the D’Backs winning. We had some exciting parts of the game, a couple home runs, some great defensive plays, a stolen base and someone in the stands got hit by a foul ball. So we saw it all. But the best part was during the sixth inning when I took a moment to smell the roses and think how lucky I am to have three wonderful girls. I have to say that it smelled better than Hollister cologne.
Yesterday Uncle Jason called me and wanted to know if I wanted to go to the Diamondbacks game. He had four tickets so I decided to do a weekday Daddy/Daughter Date and I took all three girls to the game.
I got home early and picked-up the girls and headed off to the game. We parked and got to our seats before the first pitch. Kristine catch a rubber ball that the mascot was throwing out and the girls got their images put up on the JumboTron. The seats were amazing, we were right behind the Diamondback’s dugout.
The setting was beautiful – the roof was open and it was just a great day to be at the ballpark. But the best part was being with my girls. Kristine and Nichole were getting along, which is a rare occasion. Zoe had some cute saying like; the Diamondback’s mascot is a bobcat so Zoe said “Dad who let the Lion out of the cage?” then a moment later I said “Come on D’Backs we need to get a hit” and Zoe says “We don’t need to get a hit, they do.” And before the game I said that these are some “sweet” seats and Zoe said “No, the “suites” are up there”, pointing to the suites. Then she asked if we were going to the suite because she liked the bathrooms in the suites.
I never got any complaints about how long the game was and there was no quarreling. I did tell them that I would buy them a treat – I guess peanuts and corn nuts don’t count as treats. During the fifth inning everyone needed a bathroom break and we decided to get our treats then. Kristine told me that Nichole was enjoying the game because of the two cute boys that were sitting in front of us. That she kept commenting on how good they smelled. I guess they were wearing Hollister cologne – Nichole said it was $250 a bottle – read my previous post; they also have $60 shirts. So when I saw Nichole I had to share with her what Kristine had told me - and added that my birthday was coming up and I needed some new cologne. I told her that I will get some and wear it all the time so that when she smells it she will think of her dad and not cute teenage boys. She didn’t like that idea – I told her that $250 was a small price to pay. She also wanted to clarify that the cute boy was sitting across the isle from us and that the two boys in front of us only smelled good.
So the game ended with the D’Backs winning. We had some exciting parts of the game, a couple home runs, some great defensive plays, a stolen base and someone in the stands got hit by a foul ball. So we saw it all. But the best part was during the sixth inning when I took a moment to smell the roses and think how lucky I am to have three wonderful girls. I have to say that it smelled better than Hollister cologne.
No comments:
Post a Comment